What can homeopathy do?
But I thought it would be interesting to make a little running list of some of the things I have seen homeopathy cure in the past 6 years. Some of the details have been changed to protect identities but all of these are real cases.
It is a shame I cannot practice homeopathy where I now live. But it is my hope someday homeopathy will become a standard integration with allopathic care instead of an unknown and misunderstood alternative.
1. Depression/bipolar – 36 yo man. Aurum Metallicum, 6c. Infrequent water doses. Family history of bipolar. Mother schizophrenic. All 5 siblings bipolar and medicated. Had started meds but did not like side effects. Extreme anxiety. Took several doses of 6c in water over the course of 1 month. No further need for any medication. Had his best financial year he ever had. Remained well for 2+ years, lost contact.
2. Chronic back pain – 65 yo woman. Nux Vomica – 2 doses of 30c dry. Debilitating pain interrupting daily life. Dry dose - pain traveled down one side and then to the other side. Redosed 2 pellets – pain was completely gone – has not reoccurred in 4+ years.
3. Mitral Regurgitation – valve replacement surgery pending – 60 yo man. Laurocerasus – liquid dosing 30c – 1M. Cured after 6 months – no surgery necessary. Also eliminated need for meds for high blood pressure and high cholesterol which he had been on for 20+ years.
4. Alopecia – 7 yo boy – Lycopodium. Hair began falling out in big patches. Liquid dosing, full head of hair grew back within 4 months. First came in downy and soft, then full and beautiful.
5. Pneumonia – 32 yo man – Lycopodium. Pain was severe in right lung. Was beginning to hepatize (harden) – difficulty breathing, asthmatic symptoms, burning pain and heaviness in chest. Liquid dosing, 30c. Cured in 24 hours – went in for follow up x-ray – lung completely clear.
6. Pneumonia – 4 yo boy – Lycopodium. Nostrils flaring, could not breath, nebulizer treatments every 1-2 hours bringing minimal relief. Chest rales (visible on inspiration). Complete cure within 48 hours.
7. HSP – vasculitis and nephritis – bleeding from intestines, kidneys, and covered in bruises – 10 yo girl – Crotalus Horridus. Kidneys stopped bleeding within 1 week. Full recovery. Also cured of ADD, chronic stomach pain and frequent vomiting. 4 months of LM dosing up to LM6. Continues on remedy as needed. 2 years out.
8. Alzheimers – 82 yo woman. – Nat Sulph, liquid dosing, 30c – 1M. Euphoric response to first dose. Went from lying in fetal position and not knowing her children or grandchildren to full recovery.
9. Stroke – 84 yo woman. Baryta Carb, dry dosing, 30c-1M. Was turned out of rehab because no further progress was thought could be made. Was in wheelchair, could not stand unassisted, no use of right arm, slurred speech. 6 months – walking without walker, full use of arm, speech returned to normal.
10. Autism – 5 yo girl – post DTP vaccine at 5 year booster. Liquid dosing of DTP, 30c. Return to normal until treatment discontinued.
11. Depression – 40 yo man – post tetanus vaccine. Would not get out of bed, no desire to do anything. DTP remedy, 30c. Return to normal self.
12. Pertussis aka Whooping cough – 9 cases – various remedies – Ipecac, Pertussinum nosode, Drosera, Chamomila, Coccus Cacti. All recovered well.
13. Prostate cancer – 64 yo man. PSA measurement was 2.5. gleason score 6/7. After Thuja, LM1 – LM7, measurement was 0.01. Afterwards, decided to do traditional medical treatment of radiation.
14. HSP – vasculitis and nephritis – 32 yo woman. Lachesis, liquid dosing, 30c-200c. From grief following death of mother and sister.
15. Mastitis and thrush – 26 yo woman. Borax and then Silicea, both liquid dosing, 30c potency. Horribly painful nursing. Full cure, went on to very healthy nursing.
16. Pre-term labor contractions, 36 yo woman. Natrum Muriaticum, 30c, 2 pellets dry. Had preterm labor contractions starting at 20 weeks and 21 weeks respectively with first two pregnancies. Did 5-6 months of bedrest for remainder of both pregnancies with contractions throughout. Third pregnancy, contractions began at 21 weeks. Took 2 pellets of Nat Mur dry. Contractions stopped within 24 hours, no further contractions in full term pregnancy. (me!)
17. ADHD – 10 yo boy. Lycopodium, 30c – 1M liquid dosing. Difficulty paying attention in school, difficulty with reading. Timid in groups. School pressuring parents to do meds. 4 months post dosing, improved in all areas, excelling in sports, “a different kid.”
18. Acute ear infection – 9 yo girl. Belladonna, 30c, liquid dosing. Severe pain began suddenly on the way home from swimming at a lake. Face red, crying with pain. 1 tsp dose direct every 15 minutes. Would fall asleep after dose, then wake crying in pain. Dosed 4 times, all pain ameliorated.
19. Post-herpetic neuralgia, 28 yo woman. Natrum Muriaticum, 30c. Severe pain in shoulder, extending up to head, and down arm. Not able to move arm at all. Recently had shingles. Nat Mur, 30c, liquid dosing. Complete amelioration of all pain – and lasting improvement in overall mood – feels “like her old self.”
20. Guillain-Barre – post viral paralysis, 7 yo girl. Natrum Muriaticum, 30c. After flu, awoke one morning and fell out of bed unable to walk. No pain. Could not use legs. Doctor determined Gullain-Barre Syndrome. Nat Mur, 30c, 2 pellets dry, complete amelioration of symptoms within 4 hours.
21. Chronic allergic reaction – 60 yo man. Apis, 200c, liquid dosing. Chronic red, swollen eyes with intense itching. Ongoing for several months, reoccurring for 2 years. Several liquid doses of 1 tsp direct completely cured – 2+ years.
22. Alleged encephalitic reaction to MMR vaccine – 18 mo girl. Screaming fits, becoming rigid and must be left in the crib otherwise would hurt herself. Uncontrollable screaming and thrashing. Began 24 hours after MMR vaccine. 1 dose, MMR remedy, 30c potency – no further fits.
23. Chronic diarrhea – 2 yo boy. Kali Phos, 30c, then LM1, liquid dosing. Chronic stomach aches and diarrhea after eating. Undigested and liquid stool, smells of blood. Irritable behavior. Extremely shy. Liquid dosing for several months, complete cure. No further diarrhea, very talkative, happy child.
24. Sciatica – 61 yo woman. Nux Vomica, 200c. Severe pain traveling down leg. No comfortable position. Liquid dosing – full cure within 12 hours.
25. Worms – 2.5 yo girl. Cina, 1M, liquid dosing. Irritable behavior, scratching others, biting, picking nose, eating nonstop, constipation, dark circles under eyes. 1 tsp dose of Cina, 1M. Passed long worm and several short worms within 30 minutes of dose. Complete cure of behaviors and appetite returned to normal. Became very happy and easy going.
26. Diabetes – 40 yo woman – Heloderma, LM1. 1 week of liquid dosing. Fasting blood glucose 145. Numbness and swelling in hands, arms, feet. Pain in bottom of feet, worse walking. Diplopia (blurry vision), huge swings in blood sugar levels. Follow up fasting blood sugar in 3 months was 80. A1C was 5.3 – non-diabetic. All other symptoms ameliorated. Follow up blood glucose in 6 months was 72, A1C, 5.2. (There is a new allopathic medicine using the toxins from the Heloderma (gila monster). I just went direct to the source because the symptoms fit.) 10+ months out. (again, me!)
Some of the things I was not able to help (please note that this can be my own limitations and not necessarily because homeopathy can't help it):
1. Lyme disease in 8 yo girl. Lyme can be treated with homeopathy if caught early (read: immediately). However, unfortunately, in this case, it was not known there was Lyme until later. In any event, Lyme is one case I would do immediate antibiotics as this can halt the Lyme if caught early enough. Any residual effects of the antibiotic can be addressed later with homeopathy.
2. Cold sores on the mouth – chronic condition – significantly reduced episodes but still reoccur once per year.
3. Autism – several cases were difficult and continuing homeopathy was not desired by the parents.
4. Shoulder pain – chronic shoulder pain continues to be one of the most difficult symptoms to cure.
5. Migraines – two cases – chronic – very sensitive to remedies – patient not wanting to continue, the other, still trying.
6. Gout – gout is extremely difficult to cure although not impossible.